The Compounding and Research Support Pharmacy (CRSP) has operated as a compounding pharmacy for UC San Francisco since 1937. The facility has dedicated areas to prepare each dosage form type, including an ISO 7 cleanroom with ISO 5 primary engineering controls to compound sterile products. There is an area separated from the main ISO 7 area to prepare hazardous drugs. The pharmacy maintains a strict adherence to the regulations set by the California Board of Pharmacy.
- High-risk compounded sterile preparations
- Low- to medium-risk compounded sterile preparations
- Ophthalmic preparations
- Sterile topical preparations
- Oral solutions and suspensions
- Creams and ointments
- Compound active capsules and visibly matched, equally weighted placebo capsules
- Package and label randomized, blinded study medication
- Maintain inventory and dispense blinded study medication
CRSP was formerly known as the Drug Product Services Laboratory (DPSL).
Marcos T. Contreras, PharmD
UCSF Box 0613