Create a Gallery page on your microsite by selecting from the Drupal toolbar (black, top of page): Content > Add Content > Gallery.
A gallery page has four fields:
- Title (required)
- Gallery Header
- Gallery Footer
Enter the title of your gallery page.
Note: The url of your gallery page will be generated based on the title, eg. .../gallery/some-gallery-title. Do not set your own domain-specific path at the end of this page.
You may add as many images as you would like to each gallery. Thumbnail previews of your images will always use the square cropped version.
- The first image in your gallery will be used as the cover image on the gallery landing page, and will display with a maximum of 366px by 366px if the square cropped version is larger. If it is smaller, it will display in the size it was cropped.
- Thumbnail previews inside a gallery will display with a maximum of 173px by 173px if the square cropped version is larger. If it is smaller, it will display in the size it was cropped.
- Clicking on a thumbnail in the gallery will open a lightbox of the full photo with a maximum of 1024px width.
- Captions of images will display in the lightbox.
Note: Thumbnail preview images will always display using the square cropped version. Thumbnail images are displayed on the galleries landing page at "/gallery", and also individual gallery pages. Make sure to select the square crop of your image that you want displayed as the thumbnail.
GALLERY HEADER AND FOOTER
You may also include additional content above and below your gallery images.
Gallery Landing Page
A gallery landing page that displays all your galleries already exists at http://pharm.ucsf.edu/yoursite/gallery.
Your new gallery page will display a thumbnail on the gallery landing page.
Note: Although the landing page exists, it is not added to the menu navigation automatically. See the Menu section of Microsite System help on how to add items to the menu.
When you are ready to publish your gallery page:
- Save your draft to return to viewing your unpublished draft, and proofread that your content is the way you want it.
- From the yellow background box in the left navigation, select "Published" and apply.