The UCSF WIHS team hosts a science seminar for investigators currently or expressing interest in conducting research in the WIHS cohort. The seminar is held on the second Friday of the month and usually meets on Parnassus campus from 12:00 – 2:00 pm. Each presentation is followed by a data-use meeting to discuss analytic methods for the seminar topic. See below for recent topics. Contact Jennifer Cohen to be added to the Science Seminar distribution list.
- Statistical Analysis of ARV Levels in Hair, Peter Bacchetti, PhD. March 13, 2015.
- Host Genomics in WIHS, Bradley Aouizerat, PhD. December 12, 2014.
- Identifying barriers to HIV and diabetes co-management and diabetes co-management in vulnerable populations, Kartika Palar, PhD. October 10, 2014.
- The Early Days of an Investigator in WIHS: Grants and Projects, Bani Tamraz, PharmD, PhD. June 30, 2014.
- Lung disease in HIV: An unrecognized co-morbidity, Alison Morris, MD, MS. June 30, 2014.
Effects of HIV/HCV coinfection on Bone Mineral Density and Structure, Amber Wheeler, MD. June 30, 2014.
- Navigating Advance (UCSF's Faculty Information System), Linda Nix.