The slideshow is a feature of our microsite system.
What is it?
The slideshow feature enables you to display a set of images in a slideshow aka carousel format on any basic page in your site.
When should I use it?
We think it works best on your site’s home page when you want to give visitors a visual first impression consisting of three or more images. For example, if your site cannot be best represented in only one or two static images, then you might choose a slideshow. Remember, however, that visitors are usually visiting your site to find information that is probably not on your home page, so although they might see the first image, the odds they will see the second or third or fourth decrease significantly since they likely have clicked away from the home page before then.
To create a slideshow
- Edit the basic page to which you want to add the slideshow.
- Find the section called SLIDESHOW below the Body section.
- Follow the instructions in the slideshow section to upload one or more images.
- Save the page as draft. The View Draft page loads, and your slideshow should be visible and functioning.
- Review all the images you included in the slideshow, making changes if needed.
- When ready, publish the page using the Apply button.
- Although there is no limit to the number of images you can add, attention spans are short on the web. Keep it reasonable.
- Each image requires you to set a crop so that all the images have the same height-width ratio.
- At any time, you can change the images, their crops, or the order of the images.