Syndicated Content Types (For Departments)
Some content on the Department and PharmD sites is actually centralized on pharmacy.ucsf.edu and then "syndicated" or listed on the relevant department or PharmD site. Those syndicate content types are: News, Events, People (UCSF Person), and Media Coverage.
Remember: to work on syndicated content you must log in at our main site, pharmacy.ucsf.edu. Do not log on to your department site for News, Events, or People/Person pages.
- New items can be added by selecting "Add content > News" from the toolbar when logged in at the main site (do not log on to your department site).
- Department editors have access to create items and to draft changes, but must request publishing from the web team.
- Featured School of Pharmacy personnel should be added to the "related profiles" field.
- Filling out the 'keywords' and 'category' fields is suggested.
- Primary images should provide a square crop (custom crop is optional).
- Department editors should select only their own department for the "Syndication" field. Do not select "School of Pharmacy."
- Any UCSF person may be listed as the author if they have previously logged in to pharmacy.ucsf.edu.
- File a support ticket to request publishing of draft content.
- New items can be added by selecting "Add content > Event" from the toolbar when logged in at the main site.
- Department editors have access to create items, and to draft changes, but must request publishing from the web team
- Events can have a date and time or be "all day" and optionally provide an ending date/time
- Events can be listed as "To be determined" but must provide an approximate date for sorting.
- Location field is for a descriptive location or room number (with an optional url for link). Map address is for the street address of the location and generates a map.
- There are many optional fields in 'event details' to better outline your event.
- Primary images should provide a square crop (custom crop is optional)
- Department editors should select only their own department for the "Syndication" field.
- File a support ticket to request publishing of draft content
- Changes to the UCSF Person content type (a.k.a. 'people') are saved and made live immediately, unlike News and Events.
- The UCSF Person content type pulls information for many fields weekly from EDS (directory) and UCSF Profiles. Faster updates can be forced by hitting the "EDS/Profiles Update" tab on a person's page while logged in.
- Other fields are local to Pharmacy and can be changed here. See Anatomy of a Person Page for full details.
- How to add a new person:
- Select "Add content > UCSF Person" from the toolbar when logged in at the main site, then enter the person’s UCSF email address.
- Because entries are added right away, it is advisable to gather information beforehand.
- How to remove a person:
- Find and edit the person’s profile page on pharmacy.ucsf.edu, then in the Publishing Options section uncheck the Published checkbox and save the changes. Within the next hour, the person’s profile will no longer appear on any of our websites.
- Media coverage is a direct, external link to a story covering School of Pharmacy activities and/or people.
- Media coverage is only added by the communications team, file a support ticket if you would like to submit an item.