The Staff Wellness Group promotes the well-being, professional development, and community engagement of the UCSF School of Pharmacy staff by:
- Accomplishing personal growth together
- Linking the staff to development opportunities and supporting success
- Encouraging collaboration, building community, and breaking down silos
- Connecting the staff to campus and community resources
- Celebrating and recognizing workplace innovation among the staff
We plan and organize activities and events for the staff throughout the year, quarterly at minimum, and share our accomplishments at School Town Halls and other meetings in order to encourage engagement.
All School of Pharmacy staff members are members of the School’s staff wellness community and are encouraged to engage in wellness activities and provide representation to the Staff Wellness Group from across School departments and units, and from each School location.
How to join the Staff Wellness Group
Contact Liana Crosby, executive assistant to the dean. Join us!
- Denetra Anderson (Office of Finance and Administration)
- Kylie Ball (Office of Education and Instructional Support)
- Christina Chen (Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences)
- Liana Crosby (Central Dean’s Office)
- Erin Harrison (Office of Education and Instructional Support)
- Michelle King (Office of Finance and Administration)
- Marissa Lee-Baird (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Rebecca Miller, advisor (Office of Education and Instructional Support)
- Dayna Moore (Office of Education and Instructional Support
- Shalimar Sancho (Central Dean’s Office)
- Alexa Tan (Office of Education and Instructional Support)
- JoAnne Williams (Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Monthly group meetings
Every 3rd Thursday
We announce the group meeting time to all members by email in advance of the meeting.
Parnassus Heights campus and via Zoom
Look for upcoming events in emails from the Staff Wellness Group to all School staff members.
- Collaboration events with School of Dentistry
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction workshop, April 13, 2017: attended by faculty, staff, and students
- Résumé workshop for staff, June 21, 2017: hugely successful
- Nutrition lecture by Bobby Baron, MD, May 2, 2017: very well attended by faculty and staff
- Sleep hygiene lecture by David Claman, MD, August 25, 2017: very well attended by faculty and staff
- Blanket, Coat, Hat, & Scarf Drive: The drive was held in partnership with School of Pharmacy students. Donations were delivered to Mabuhay Health Center and to Episcopal Community Services.
- Step It Up Challenge: The School of Pharmacy encouraged groups to form and compete in this health challenge in 2016. A Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences group won with the highest number of points. Prizes were awarded to the winning group and individual. The winning group and individual will be announced for the 2017 Step It Up Challenge.
- Project Open Hand community service event: A group of 11 of us worked for half a day at Project Open Hand in San Francisco, preparing meals for the seniors and the disabled in San Francisco. This was a big success, and we hope to make this a regular event in the School.
- Interview Workshop for staff, November 2, 2017: follow-up to the Résumé workshop
- Ergonomics Workshop led by Divya Narayan, November 17, 2017
- Unconscious Bias and the Impact on Our Work, workshop for staff led by ODO, February 9, 2018
- Coat and Blanket Drive: February 5-16, 2018. The donations went to Citywide Case Management Services, an organization that supports the recovery of San Francisco's highest risk mentally ill adults.
- Financial Health Workshop for staff, March 6, 2018
- Staff Potluck and Ice Cream Event, May 9, 2018
- Poisons in the Home and Community, July 13, 2018: presented by Dr. Thomas Kearney, Associate Dean and Managing Director of the SF Division of the California Poison Control System
- UCSF Wellness & Community - an overview of resources, programs, and events available to staff
- Academic Business Officers Group (ABOG) – promotes outstanding administration through advocacy, education, communication, and outreach
- UC Learning Center - web-based training modules
- UC Oracles Toastmasters - provides a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop outstanding communication and leadership skills, fostering self-confidence and personal growth
- Passport Discount Program - receive discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Funcheap SF - free and inexpensive things to do in San Francisco and the Bay Area
- Ergonomics Program at UCSF - online resources to help you set up a comfortable workspace; schedule an appointment to test out equipment at the Ergo Lab