Promoting staff well-being, development, and engagement
Look for upcoming events in emails from the Staff Wellness Group to all School staff members.
- The Worminator: Screening worms to identify new drugs for neglected parasitic diseases, July 23, 2019: presented by Dr. Judy Sakanari, Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- St. Anthony's Volunteering Event, May 21, 2019.
- Staff Potluck and Ice Cream Event at Mission Bay, April 17, 2019.
- End of Life Planning, March 4, 2019: presented by Michael Nordberg, MPA/HSA, Associate Dean of Finance and Administration.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Making Sense of New Medications and Treatment Options, November 1, 2018: presented by Dr. Lisa Kroon, Professor and Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Poisons in the Home and Community, July 13, 2018: presented by Dr. Thomas Kearney, Associate Dean and Managing Director of the SF Division of the California Poison Control System.
- Staff Potluck and Ice Cream Event at Parnassus, May 9, 2018.
- Financial Health Workshop for staff, March 6, 2018.
- Coat and Blanket Drive: February 5-16, 2018. The donations went to Citywide Case Management Services, an organization that supports the recovery of San Francisco's highest risk mentally ill adults.
- Unconscious Bias and the Impact on Our Work, workshop for staff led by ODO, February 9, 2018.
- Ergonomics Workshop led by Divya Narayan, November 17, 2017.
- Interview Workshop for staff, November 2, 2017: follow-up to the Résumé workshop.
- Project Open Hand community service event: A group of 11 of us worked for half a day at Project Open Hand in San Francisco, preparing meals for the seniors and the disabled in San Francisco. This was a big success, and we hope to make this a regular event in the School.
- Annual Step It Up Challenge: The School of Pharmacy encourages groups to form and compete in this annual holiday health challenge; prizes awarded to the winning SOP group and individual.
- Annual winter Blanket, Coat, Hat, & Scarf Drive: collection donated to community organizations serving the homeless.
- Sleep hygiene lecture by David Claman, MD, August 25, 2017: very well attended by faculty and staff.
- Nutrition lecture by Bobby Baron, MD, May 2, 2017: very well attended by faculty and staff.
- Résumé workshop for staff, June 21, 2017: hugely successful.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction workshop, April 13, 2017: attended by faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaboration events with School of Dentistry.