Real-life clinical experiences are key to a UCSF PharmD education. Guided by expert preceptors, students gain skills serving a richly diverse patient population.
UCSF doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) students: Find here resources you need to enter and progress sequentially through Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs).
Faculty preceptors: Centralized for you here is information on potential student activities, teaching and assessment information, and the appointment process for becoming a without salary faculty member.
- APPE Program Descriptions - Descriptions of the 5 APPE program regions throughout California
- Community Pharmacy - P1 clinical rotations at local Walgreens, CVS, or Safeway Pharmacies in the Bay Area
- Longitudinal Health-Systems - P2 / P3 clinical rotations at UCSF Medical Center & Mission Bay
- Summer Hospital Operations - 2-week summer clinical rotations during the summer between P2 and P3 year
- Interprofessional Education - P1, P2, P3 Interprofessional activities among the 5 UCSF Medical Schools
- Required Training Activities (Online & In-Person) - P1, P2, P3 training requirements for IPPE and APPE readiness
For navigating the sections within each page, click the title text listed and the section will expand and condense upon clicking again.