ACDRS was established in 2006 by both:
- UCSF School of Pharmacy
- Center for Drug Development Science (CDDS)
in partnership with all of the following:
- United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- professional societies
- a network of universities
- biopharmaceutical companies
- European Course in Pharmaceutical Medicine (ECPM) at the University of Basel, Switzerland
ACDRS collaborated with the University of Basel in Switzerland and Peking University Clinical Research Institute in China to launch Peking University's Chinese Course on Drug Development and Regulatory Sciences in 2009.
ACDRS is presented by UCSF in collaboration with the University of Basel in Switzerland and Peking University Clinical Research Institute in China.
—Anup Srivastava, Toxicology Reviewer, US Food and Drug Administration