This section enables campaign authors to understand how to build, test, deliver, analyze, and get help for an email campaign.
Jump below to
- If you have not already initiated a conversation with the Office of Planning and Communications about your email campaigns, see Getting Started.
- You need the Mailchimp and Email on Acid credentials for the accounts we generated for you.
After your email has been built, you’ll test it using our account with Email on Acid. This service enables you to quickly and easily test your email campaign on a wide variety of email applications and web email services, including tablets and smartphones. (Why test?)
- Send a test email from Mailchimp to the special email address provided to you.
- Log in to Email on Acid to view the test results.
- Repeat the process of fixing any issues you find, then testing again, until you feel you’re ready to send.
To notify the Office of Planning and Communications that your email build is ready for delivery, contact us at Website and Communications Support or via Slack, letting us know what date you want it delivered. We’ll identify and resolve any issues with your build, then schedule your email campaign for delivery at the time when most people will open it.
Optional: Following delivery, view a report that includes statistics such as:
- # of messages opened or forwarded
- # of times different links in the message were clicked
- which email addresses bounced or unsubscribed
and more by logging in to Mailchimp and opening the Reports section. Further analytics options are possible; ask us for details.
At any time, submit a help request at Website and Communications Support. We aim to respond within three business days.
Next step: Create a Campaign