Join the Student Helpdesk
Class of 2025 - see new opportunities below!
Are you a PharmD student pharmacist and great with technology? We’d love for you to join the Student Helpdesk team! We are currently recruiting for Student Technologists.
Our technologist program utilizes Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program funds and works closely with the UCSF Student Financial Aid Office for hiring and on-boarding.
Review job posting below, complete the application form and interview with current student technologists.
Student Technologist Application (Applications due by September 2, 2022)
Review work-study program hiring procedures in detail--make sure you have been awarded money for work study.
Complete employment paperwork with OEIS.
Complete on-boarding with Financial Aid work-study coordinator and review resource page for student employees.
Complete biweekly timesheets and meet regularly with Student Helpdesk team and OEIS staff.
Title: Student Technologist - STAR & SHD
# of Positions: 4 (Class of 2025 only)
We are looking for Student Technologists to join the Office of Education and Instructional Services (OEIS). In this position, you will be a member of the Student Technology Assistant Resources (STAR) program and a member of the Student Helpdesk (SHD) team. As a STAR, you will attend your regularly scheduled classes and provide in-class technology assistance to faculty as needed. As an SHD team member, you will provide technical support to fellow student pharmacists, which includes fielding questions, publishing guides, and providing hands-on support.
- Attend lectures and actively assist instructors with in-room technology, connecting devices, projecting slides/videos, connecting to Zoom, etc. Escalate in-room issues as needed to Educational Technology Services (ETS) and OEIS.
- Conduct technology checks for incoming classes during P1 Orientation.
- Troubleshoot student technology issues, set up new devices, and provide software installation support.
- Attend relevant technology trainings held by OEIS and ETS to learn about classroom software and equipment.
- Provide consultations to faculty on the use of in-classroom technology and active learning tools.
- Assist with physical classroom operations such as room setup for events (e.g. a panel session that requires specific table/seating configuration).
- Create and update technology resources and guides online.
- Monitor, respond, and/or triage the Student Help Desk (SHD) email and ticketing system. Escalate issues as needed to OEIS supervisor.
- Communicate with students regarding larger-scale technology issues, campus changes, and major OS releases.
- Actively collaborate with the STEP Program to post recordings to their Mediasite lecture capture channel in a timely manner.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and customer engagement skills.
- Proven organization, problem-solving, and analytical experience.
- Excellent at balancing academics and other extracurriculars.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills or willingness to learn and develop these skills.
- Ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical ability and/or willingness to learn about a wide range of A/V, hardware, software, and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of different operating systems: Microsoft Windows and macOS. Broad understanding of iOS and Android.
Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
Employment Term: 1 academic year. We encourage you to renew yearly during your tenure at UCSF.
Schedule: Employees can work an a maximum of 20 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $20/hour
Location: Parnassus (and remote support for Zoom sessions)