Join the Student Helpdesk
Class of 2024 - check out the new opportunities below!
Are you a PharmD student pharmacist and great with technology? We’d love for you to join the Student Helpdesk team! We are currently recruiting for Student Technologists from the Class of 2023.
Review job posting below, complete the application form and interview with current student technologists.
Student Technologist Application (Complete by Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 5PM)
Review work-study program hiring procedures in detail--make sure you have been awarded money for work study.
Complete employment paperwork with OEIS.
Complete on-boarding with Financial Aid work-study coordinator and review resource page for student employees.
Complete biweekly timesheets and meet regularly with Student Helpdesk team and OEIS staff.
Title: Student Technologist - STAR & SHD
# of Positions: 2 (Class of 2024)
We are looking for Student Technologists to join the Office of Education and Instructional Services (OEIS). In this position, you will be a member of the Student Technology Assistant Resources (STAR) program and a member of the Student Helpdesk (SHD) team. As a STAR, you will attend your regularly scheduled classes and provide in-class technology assistance to faculty as needed. As an SHD team member, you will provide technical support to fellow student pharmacists, which includes fielding questions, publishing guides, and providing hands-on support.
- Attend required course sessions and actively assist instructors with in-room technology, connecting devices, playing videos, setting up Poll Everywhere, etc. Escalate in-room issues as needed to Educational Technology Services (ETS).
- Facilitate loaner-device checkout and delivery to instructors.
- Provide consultations to faculty on the use of in-classroom technology and active learning tools.
- Assist with classroom operations: room setup, signage, collection of attendance.
- Create and update technology resources and guides.
- Monitor and respond to SHD email and ticketing system.
- Communicate with students regarding larger-scale technology issues, campus changes, and major OS releases.
- Troubleshoot student technology issues, set up new devices, and provide software installation support. Escalate student technology issues as needed to OEIS.
- Manage computers and printers in the student lounge, including replacing toner and replenishing paper.
- Working with other Student Technologists to distribute workload and find coverage as needed.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and customer engagement skills.
- Proven organization, problem-solving, and analytical experience.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Smartsheet.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical ability across a wide range of A/V, hardware, software, and mobile platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and macOS. Broad understanding of iOS and Android.
Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
Employment Term: 1 academic year. We encourage you to renew yearly during your tenure at UCSF.
Schedule: 4 hours/week by default for in-class STAR support and responding to SHD tickets, employees can work an additional 6 hours/week on completing OEIS requests/projects and providing additional support during high-volumes times.
Pay Rate: $20/hour