Join the Student Helpdesk
Class of 2025 - see new opportunities below!
Are you a PharmD student pharmacist and great with technology? We’d love for you to join the Student Helpdesk team! We are currently recruiting for Student Technologists.
Our technologist program utilizes Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program funds and works closely with the UCSF Student Financial Aid Office for hiring and on-boarding.
Review job posting below, complete the application form and interview with current student technologists.
Student Technologist Application (Applications due by September 2, 2022)
Review work-study program hiring procedures in detail--make sure you have been awarded money for work study.
Complete employment paperwork with OEIS.
Complete on-boarding with Financial Aid work-study coordinator and review resource page for student employees.
Kickoff work by meeting with Student Helpdesk team and trainings from OEIS and ETS.
Complete biweekly timesheets and meet regularly with Student Helpdesk team and OEIS staff.
Title: Student Technologist - STAR & SHD
# of Positions: 4 (Class of 2025 only)
We are looking for Student Technologists to join the Office of Education and Instructional Services (OEIS). In this position, you will be a member of the Student Technology Assistant Resources (STAR) program and a member of the Student Helpdesk (SHD) team. As a STAR, you will attend your regularly scheduled classes and provide in-class technology assistance to faculty as needed. As an SHD team member, you will provide technical support to fellow student pharmacists, which includes fielding questions, publishing guides, and providing hands-on support.
- Attend lectures and actively assist instructors with in-room technology, connecting devices, projecting slides/videos, connecting to Zoom, etc. Escalate in-room issues as needed to Educational Technology Services (ETS) and OEIS.
- Conduct technology checks for incoming classes during P1 Orientation.
- Troubleshoot student technology issues, set up new devices, and provide software installation support.
- Attend relevant technology trainings held by OEIS and ETS to learn about classroom software and equipment.
- Provide consultations to faculty on the use of in-classroom technology and active learning tools.
- Assist with physical classroom operations such as room setup for events (e.g. a panel session that requires specific table/seating configuration).
- Create and update technology resources and guides online.
- Monitor, respond, and/or triage the Student Help Desk (SHD) email and ticketing system. Escalate issues as needed to OEIS supervisor.
- Communicate with students regarding larger-scale technology issues, campus changes, and major OS releases.
- Actively collaborate with the STEP Program to post recordings to their Mediasite lecture capture channel in a timely manner.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and customer engagement skills.
- Proven organization, problem-solving, and analytical experience.
- Excellent at balancing academics and other extracurriculars.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills or willingness to learn and develop these skills.
- Ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical ability and/or willingness to learn about a wide range of A/V, hardware, software, and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of different operating systems: Microsoft Windows and macOS. Broad understanding of iOS and Android.
Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
Employment Term: 1 academic year. We encourage you to renew yearly during your tenure at UCSF.
Schedule: Employees can work an a maximum of 20 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $20/hour
Location: Parnassus (and remote support for Zoom sessions)