Organize Your CLE Dashboard
The Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) is where you’ll find many of your curriculum materials. Organizing your CLE dashboard is a simple way to improve navigation and access to course contents. This guide will describe methods you can use to optimize your experience with CLE using its customization features.
Jump below to:
- Log in to CLE, then in the left column, click the CLE Dashboard link.
- At the top right corner of the page, click the Customize this page button.
This action causes the Customize this page button to be replaced by two buttons called Reset page to default and Stop customizing this page.
Customization mode is now enabled, and different sections of the page (which we call blocks) now display additional controls related to customization. If your changes somehow result in unwanted changes, clicking Reset page to default restores the original page layout.
Limiting Course Overview to display only your current courses
- At the bottom of your Course Overview block, find and click the drop-down menu to select Show All.
If some courses were previously hidden, they are now shown.
- Clicking the ellipsis icon next to each course name presents you with the options to Star this course or Remove from view. Select Star this course for the courses you want easy access to.
- Navigate to the drop-down menu on the top left corner of the Course Overview block, select Starred. The Course Overview block should now only display your starred courses.
This section describes how to remove all redundancies in CLE for a clean interface which displays only your current courses that are easily changeable from quarter to quarter. This layout also takes advantage of the CLE Calendar to provide quick links to submit homework assignments. Jump below to:
A. Hide Unused Blocks
Click the gear menu in the Recently Accessed Items block.
Click Hide Recently accessed items block. The block will contract and appear grayed out.
Repeat these steps for these other blocks:
Recently Accessed Courses
B. Setting Up Calendar
- On the left hand column of the dashboard, navigate to the bottom of the menu and click Add a Block.
- Select Calendar.
- Click and hold the four-way arrow icon to drag the Calendar block above the Course Overview block.
- Click Stop Customizing this page to save your changes.
Your CLE Dashboard organization is complete. Your results should look like this: