Center for Translational and Policy Research on Precision Medicine
- Stevens Smith H, Largent E, Chen C, Phillips K. “Equity and Justice in Dementia Care: Perspectives on Ethical, Health, and Policy Implications of Tests and Treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias.” ELSI Conference, June 2022.
- Chen C, Roberts M, Raisch DW, Bachyrycz A, Thompson T, Borrego M. “Preferences for Pharmacogenomic Testing in Polypharmacy Patients: A Discrete Choice Experiment.” ISPOR, May 2022.
- Mrig E. Hammad, Grob R, and Schlesinger M. “When Covering and Discovering Are at Odds: How People with Hereditary Cancer Risk Experience the Conflicting Paradigms of Precision Medicine and Medical Insurability.” Annual AGBT – Precision Health Meeting, September 2022.
- Buchanan J, Marshall DA, Jansen J, Ijzerman M. “Addressing Equity Challenges In Genome Sequencing: What Can Health Economics Contribute?” ISPOR Europe, November 2022.
- Mrig E. Hammad. “Caringscapes and Carescapes of Families Affected by Hereditary Conditions.” American Anthropology Association Annual Meeting, November 2022.
- Multi-cancer hereditary syndrome testing: Genetic Counselors’ Perspectives. Weldon CB, Liang SY, Phillips KA, Douglas MP, Scheuner MT, Kurian AW, Schaa K, Roscow B, Erwin D, Trosman JR. American Society Clinical Oncology. June 2021.
- Financing of Germline Testing: Implications for Availability and Access. Lin GA, Scheuner MT, Trosman JR, Sales P, Ackerman S, Weldon CB, Kurian AW, Douglas MP, Phillips KA. American College of Medical Genetics. April 2021.
- Multi-Cancer Early Detection Screening Tests – “Liquid Biopsy Tests” - Are Here But Will Payers Provide Insurance Coverage? Phillips KA, Deverka PA. Precision Health and Integrated Diagnostics Center at Stanford. May 2021.
- Economic, Financial, and Policy Implications of Genetic Testing for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD). Douglas MP, Arias JJ, Lin GA, Tyler A, Jansen JP, Phillips KA. UCSF Dementia Day, May 2021
- Disease Modifying Treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease Are on The Horizon! How Can We Use Health Economic Models to Explore the Health Equity Impact and Cost-Effectiveness of Biomarkers for Early Detection? Jansen JP, Douglas MP, Phillips KA. UCSF Dementia Day, May 2021.
- Building the Evidence Base for Appropriate and Efficient Implementation of Emerging Genomic Tests for Disease Management and Screening. Phillips KA. Advances in Genome Biology and Technology. March 2021.
- Laboratory payment assistance programs decrease some disparities in access and affordability of hereditary cancer panel testing, but concerns still exist. Lin GA, Trosman JR, Douglas MP, Weldon CB, Scheuner MT, Kurian AW, Phillips KA. Breast Oncology Program. March 2021.