Lock Your Device
Locking your technology device when you step away from it is an important part of technology security because it prevents unauthorized people from stealing or using your device or data.
This can be useful:
- In a computer lab, café, or any other less secure setting
- In an office with people coming and going
- When you want to take a snack or restroom break
- When you’re working with confidential information
You can lock a device physically and electronically.
- In a locked room
- In a locked drawer, cabinet, or safe
- Secured with a security cable
After creating a password for your device, you can also lock it while it is on: